Wednesday, January 5, 2011

bieber clone!

Meet Jamie Laou. He's 17 years old. He's a high school senior from Sydney, Australia. He has over 50,000 followers on Twitter. And he looks like Justin Bieber.

Yes, thanks to his striking resemblance to the pop superstar and Vanity Fair cover boy, Laou has developed a fanbase and devoted following all his own.

The frenzy began when Laou began staging live webcam performances.

"Whenever I got on webcam on different sites little girls would cry. It was crazy," hetold Gawker.

Over time, his following grew, eventually to the point where not only did his Twitter handle ("ijever") become a trending topic on Twitter over the weekend, a phrase from one of his joke raps ("I'm a fish") did as well.

Related:Bieber's 'I'm Crazy,' Confession

Laou's relationship with Bieber himself is surprisingly fraught. Laou was bold enough to questionBieber's dedication to his fans in a recent tweet, asking, "If Justin love his beliebers so much why hasnt he kept posting youtube videos. Since thats why we subscribed him in the first place?"

Though the Belieber masses took umbrage with Laou's question, Bieber -- that magnanimous soul -- held no animosity for his Australian doppelganger: "I don't have any problem with you and I actually appreciate your support," Bieber wrote.

Photos:Celebs Copy Bieber's Hairstyle

And Laou told Gawker that he does not have his sights set on Bieber: "I'm never a Bieber wannabe. I'm myself," he said. "I'm just a teenage kid that has cool hair."

If you're curious, here is Laou's aforementioned "IMA FISH" rap video:

" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" quality="high">

No comments:

Post a Comment